I want to write about something a little more interesting. I decided I was going to try to think of 10 things that not that many people know about me and share them with you guys. I definitely know I’m going to struggle to think of that many things. I’m not the greatest at inward speculation or whatever. (I should work on that.)
- I very much dislike shopping. Most people don’t even believe me when I tell them that, actually. Going to malls and walking around just is not a fun thing for me. If I need clothes, I prefer to order them online and I almost exclusively shop at Express. I know what sizes I wear there, their clothing is made well, and I love the styles.
- I love to learn. I’ve actually discussed with a few friends how I miss college purely because I miss constantly learning new things. That’s a big part of the reason I dove back into learning code–I like to make sure I’m always improving myself.
- I have a high pain tolerance. Weird thing to mention, I know, but it’s true. My physical therapist got onto me for waiting so long to seek treatment for my knee but I always just felt general discomfort, rarely intense pain. Apparently the “discomfort” I was feeling should have actually been registered as pain. Who knew?!
- The cold weather doesn’t bother me. It used to, then I realized I honestly don’t care much whether it’s warm or cold, all I care about is if the sun is shining. Of course, I generally prefer the heat, but it can be just as beautiful outside in 20 degrees as it can be in 90.
- Being organized is sort of like an obsession of mine, and I actually enjoy cleaning. My house, office, desk, closet, etc. are all insanely organized. I guess I like to take a minimalist approach to things. I clean and organize my closet quarterly and maintain a clean house at all times. (If I host people, my house is usually spotless again within 30 minutes of everyone leaving.)
- I wear a lot of black, but that’s no secret. What most people don’t know is why I wear so much black–I’m not really comfortable wearing colors. I just got comfortable dressing in as much black as possible and have fully embraced the fact that I typically come off as less friendly because of it. I don’t know why I am this way, but I’m trying to expand my closet’s color palette. (It’s a slow process.)
- Good lord, I love music. Half the time I choose listening to music over watching Netflix. I listen to so so much music and am always open to suggestions for songs to listen to. I may not like everything that’s recommended to me, but believe me when I say I definitely give them all a chance. Memorizing song lyrics is another thing I really like to do. It’s satisfying to me for some reason.
- I have a good and contagious laugh. My coworker and I will start laughing about something and shortly after, the entire rest of my team will be laughing just as hard, purely because our laughs are so amusing. (I never thought this until they told me. Regularly.)
- So another laugh related thing: I spit/drool out whatever I’m drinking at least once a day from laughing too hard. Just yesterday, I took a big sip of water right as my coworker said something inappropriate and ended up with water everywhere. It honestly happens without laughing too. I just tend to spill/spit/drool my drinks out of my mouth regularly. Don’t ask why or how, but if you can make me laugh hard enough, you might see it in action.
- Sunrise and sunset–the absolute best times of the day. I love watching a good sunrise/set and have an insane appreciation for them. I probably have at least 500 photos of the sun just doing it’s thing in my phone. In a perfect world, I’d have the time to watch each and every one every single day. They’re all just so stunning and unique.
Hope you enjoyed xx – A