Alrighty guys, I know I’ve been pretty MIA for a while (probably close to two weeks, right?). I’M SO SORRY! I wasn’t really doing anything that warranted a blog post. (Or so I thought.) But now, I need some help!
If you read my last post, you’ll know I got a job working for iHeartMedia. It’s nothing glamorous–I’m working for a Traffic and Weather network that iHeart owns, but it’s still fun. My coworkers are really cool, my boss is as well, and my tasks primarily include talking to people (which I love). Anyways, I’m looking at my desk and comparing it to those around me and I keep noticing one thing–mine is boring!! I did some research online to see what the people of the internets could recommend for me to bring to my desk to spruce it up a little.
Here’s a list of things I’ve compiled thus far that should either 1) give my desk some personality or 2) be useful in the future:
- A phone charger (my phone died earlier and now I am bored to death)
- Organizational structural things such as file holders and a pencil jar, things of that nature
- Eating utensils (for when I bring a lunch or whatever)
- Lint roller (because, obviously lint sucks)
- Hand wipes (I thought of this one after eating a donut yesterday)
- Desk decor – including, but not limited to, toys, pictures, trinkets, etc.
- A plant (probably faux for the sake of being easier)
- Pouches (for organizing things inside of the drawers to the side of my desk)
- A desk calendar
- Coffe/tea mug
- Water bottle
Does anyone else have anything that would be cool to add? Or could they link me to something that would be cool/cute/handy to put on my desk? (Like to order online.) I would really appreciate any help I can get! Also, feel free to utilize my desk necessity list if you yourself are looking for a compiled list of things to bring to the office that’ll make your long work day that much more bearable.
Have a great Wednesday guys!
xx – A